The following is a list of case studies I've assembled to give you an idea of the challenges facing my clients and the results I have provided them. Please select a link to see more details on each case.
- Diabetic: 8th grade female — She was a latch-kid and developed the habit of eating an entire meal between arriving home from school and dinner. Her diet was low in fruits, vegetables, and dairy but was high in fat, sugar and salt.
- Diabetic: Middle-aged female — A 47-year-old homemake whose diabetes is out of control. The client is on maximum doses of diabetic medications and 161 pounds overweight.
- Diabetic: Elderly female — A 69-year-old homemaker who is diabetic, hypertensive, on multiple medications, and 110 pounds overweight.
- Growth: Female kindergartener — The child was only 95 percent of her height for her weight, indicating the begnning conditions of overweight.
- Kidney failure: Elderly male — Kidney disease at stage IV (one step from dialysis), requiring limitations on protein, sodium, potassium, phosphorus in the diet. He was normal weight, but consuming too much protein and high potassium foods.
- Morbidly Obese: young male — The young man is 26 years old and morbidly obese, weighing in at over 500 lbs. No medical problems had developed yet.
- Overweight: Middle-aged female — She was 60 pounds overweight, but was not on medications or exhibited any signs of disease (high blood pressure or diabetes) yet.
- Overweight: Middle-aged male — The middle-aged, professional, male was overweight, a prediabetic with high blood pressure, who suffered from hip and knee pain.